PhotoShop wizard Bert Monroy is working on the largest PS project EVER! Damen is a photo-realistic mural he’s creating. So large and complicated he expects to spend another two and a half years working on the project – and has already stretched the limits of Adobe’s Creative Suite products to the breaking point. Monroy’s source file is over 11.5 GB flattened, and his next steps will quadruple the current file size.
• The image size is 40 inches by 120 inches.
• It took eleven months (close to 2,000 hours) to create.
• The painting is comprised of close to fifty individual Photoshop files.
• Taking a cumulative total of all the files, the overall image contains over 15,000 layers.
• Over 500 alpha channels were used for various effects.
• Over 250,000 paths make up the multitude of shapes throughout the scene.
Check the detail
I met Bert at PhotoShop World a couple of years ago and saw his work up close. The man is amazing!